ANA MARÍA SÁNCHEZ
- Projects and Infrastructure
- Undergraduate Law Degree (LL.B.), Universidad de los Andes (Colombia), 2009
- Graduate Specialization in Public Procurement and Governmental Entities, Universidad de los Andes (Colombia), 2011
- Master of Laws, Georgetown University Law Center, 2017
- Advisory to the Inter-American Development Bank on a US$560 million financing of the PPP brownfield toll road project Ruta del Cacao (Colombia).
- Advisory to Overseas Private Investment Corporation (OPIC) on a US$30 million financing for the development of telecommunication infrastructure in Peru and Ecuador.
- Advisory to Nederlandse Financierings-Maatschappij Voor Ontwikkelings-Landen N.V. (FMO) on a US$30 million financing to a Peruvian financial institution for the financing of green projects.
- Advisory to Cintra on the public bidding for a $1.1 billion PPP brownfield toll road project.
T: 442 5100 A: 278
T: 4425100 A: 263
Ana María Sánchez is a Senior Associate at the Lima office, where she focuses her practice in financing (corporate and project financings) and infrastructure. Ana María’s practice in public law and projects has been recognized by Chambers & Partners.
She is a graduate lawyer from Universidad de los Andes (Bogotá, Colombia), having earned her degree with honors magna cum laude. She holds a Master’s Degree in Law (LL.M.) from Georgetown University Law Center, degree with distinction and designated as Dean’s List graduate. Ana María is
Ana María also holds a graduate specialization in Public Procurement and Governmental Entities from Universidad de Los Andes.
In addition to her experience at the firm, Ana María worked as senior associate at Philippi, Prietocarrizosa, Ferrero DU & Uria (Bogotá, Colombia) , as international associate at the New York office of Sidley Austin LLP, and as associate at the New York office of DLA Piper LLP, where she was involved in relevant transactions in Latin America and the United States.
Ana María is a former teaching assistant for Corporations, Governmental Contracts, General Theory of the State and Roman Law at Universidad de los Andes, and she was also research assistant for the Private Law and Criminal Law Departments at Universidad de Los Andes.
Ana María has collaborated on various publications such as Getting the Deal Through: Public-Private Partnerships in Twenty Jurisdictions Worldwide 2015 and Revista de Actualidad Jurídica de Uría Menéndez where she published an article titled “Evolución Normativa e Institucional de las Concesiones de Infraestructura Vial” (2016).
Ana María is admitted at the Colombian Bar and the New York Bar.