- Lawyer at Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú in 2022.
- Representation of a Spanish company in a commercial arbitration before the Lima Chamber of Commerce in a debt collection of more than S/. 1 million against a Peruvian company in the telecommunications sector.
- Representation of a public law company in an ad hoc arbitration against a consortium of Spanish capital for non-compliance in the development of a software for more than USD 28 million.
- Representation of one of the forced heirs of an succession in a commercial arbitration administered by the Lima Chamber of Commerce where the representation of the shares of a Peruvian company in the mining sector owned by the deceased was discussed.
- Representation of a Peruvian insurance company against a Peruvian State entity of the health sector in an ad hoc arbitration in which the imputation of penalties and breach of contract were discussed. The amount in controversy amounted to almost S/. 2 million.
- Representation of a Peruvian construction company against a Peruvian State entity in an arbitration administered by the Centro de Análisis y Resolución de Conflictos de la Pontifica Universidad Católica del Perú (Center for Conflict Analysis and Resolution of the Pontifica Universidad Católica del Perú) for several contractual breaches related to the execution of infrastructure works. The amount in dispute was more than S/. 10 million.
- Representation of a Peruvian company belonging to a consortium of the infrastructure sector against a Peruvian State entity in an arbitration administered by the Centro de Análisis y Resolución de Conflictos de la Pontifica Universidad Católica del Perú related to alleged hidden defects in the construction of a sewage system, where the incorporation of non-signatory parties to the arbitration was discussed.
Other relevant cases
- Representation of a public law company in more than ten constitutional proceedings related to the right to integral territory of indigenous communities, right to prior consultation, among others, before Constitutional Courts and the Constitutional Tribunal.
- Representation of a national hydrocarbons company in more than fifteen contentious administrative proceedings related to various matters of the sector.
- Representation of a forced heir in six inheritance proceedings before the Civil Courts.
- Representation of a hydrocarbons company in a civil proceeding against a rural community in which the granting of an easement in an oil lot was disputed. The amount in dispute was more than USD 11 million.
- Representation of a hydrocarbons company in an award annulment proceeding before the Commercial Chambers.
- Legal advice to several companies with foreign funds related to (i) diagnosis of potential investment claims under all treaties signed by the Peruvian State; (ii) potential commercial disputes related to obligations to give a sum of money, contractual breaches on services rendered, among others; (iii) analysis of dispute resolution clauses.
T: (511) 442 5100 A: 256
T: (511) 4425100 A: 277
Kiara Bazán is a member of the firm’s Litigation and Arbitration practice.
Her experience spans in advising and representing companies in arbitrations and judicial litigations related to banking, hydrocarbons, telecommunications, construction, infrastructure, among others-related disputes.
She graduated from the Law School of Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú in 2022.
During her university studies, she did an internship at the General Secretariat of the International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID).
She is teaching assistant of the “Arbitration” course at the Universidad Peruana de Ciencias Aplicadas (UPC). Likewise, she was teaching assistant of the course “National and International Commercial Arbitration” at the Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú – PUCP. She also was teaching assistant of the course “Corporate Law” at the same university.
Kiara carried out her pre-professional practices in the Litigation and Arbitration area of Miranda & Amado Abogados. Previously, she did her pre-professional practices in the Banking and Finance area of Rodrigo, Elías y Medrano Abogados.
Additionally, Kiara is an associate from the Civil Association THĒMIS, which edits and publish THĒMIS – Legal Review.
Kiara speaks fluently Spanish and English.