JOSÉ ANTONIO JIMÉNEZ
- Restructuring and Business Insolvencies
- Juris Doctor by Universidad Santa María Law School (Arequipa), 1995
- Master of Laws by the University of Toronto Law School (Canada), 2004
- Master of Laws – Corporate by Universidad de Lima Law School, 2004
- Post graduate Degree – Tax by Universidad de Lima, 1996
- Preventive Contests: Advice to COSAPI, Hotel Los Delfines and Corporación Refrigerados Iny.
- Ordinary Bankruptcy Procedures (insolvencies): Advisory to Franky & Ricky, Agroindustrial Lima, Don Diego Agroindustrias, Aramsa Constructores, Pesquera Hayduk, Maderera Vulcano, C.A.M.E. Contractors and General Services, Incorpo Engineering and Construction. He also participated in advising on the modification of the restructuring plans of América Televisión, Pesquera Hayduk and AGP Industrias to achieve the conclusion of their ordinary bankruptcy proceedings.
- Private Corporate Restructuring: Advising Central de Cooperativas Agrarias Cafetaleras (COCLA), Abengoa Peru, FIMA, Aenza (formerly GyM), Termochilca, in private restructuring with different creditors.
- Transitory Procedures: Advice to Fábrica de Conservas Islay, Tai Loy and Corporación Fabril de Confecciones.
- Insolvency settlements: Advice to Textil San Cristóbal, Ceper Cables and Minas Arirahua. Likewise, he has participated advising mining creditors in the liquidation bankruptcy process of Doe Run Peru.
- Cross-Border Restructuring: He has advised financial advisers in Peru in the cases of China Fishery and Latam Airlines under processes of Chapter 11 of the Bankruptcy Code of the United States of America, as well as has advised Automotores Gildemeister Peru and its subsidiaries in all those aspects related to the restructuring of the corporate bonds of its parent company and other group companies within the framework of a Prepacked Chapter 11.
- Acquisitions and sales of companies in bankruptcy: Counseling of various foreign and national investors for the acquisition or sale of bankruptcy credits, or of various companies in bankruptcy or assets of companies in competition, or companies in distress, such as CARSA, Pesca Perú Callao South, Islay Conservas Factory Fishing Fleet, Nemesis Fishing Fleet, Sarimon Fishing Company, Food Containers – EALSA, Sayapullo Mine, Ceper Cables, Prodesa and Piura Textile.
- Financing of distressed companies: Advice to guarantors of the ICCGSA company, submitted to an ordinary bankruptcy procedure, in the granting of financing for the conclusion of various works.
- General Bankruptcy Advice: He has also provided legal advice to different financial entities and companies in various bankruptcy procedures, case evaluations and consultations, such as Banco de Crédito del Perú, Interbank, Citibank N.A. Sucursal del Lima, Banco Interamericano de Finanzas, Chubb, Atlas Copco Peruana, Quimpac, Primax, Tecnológica de Alimentos S.A., Volcan Compañía Minera, Axxion Capital Partners, among others.
T: (511) 442 5100
Laura San Miguel
T: (511) 4425100 A: 238
José Antonio Jiménez has a Master of Laws (LLM) from the University of Toronto, Canada. Likewise, he has a Master’s degree in Law with a mention in Business Law from the University of Lima and has a Postgraduate Degree in Tax Law from the University of Lima. He has taken a Specialization course in Business Administration and Organization at ESAN where he obtained first place. He is a graduate of the Faculty of Legal and Political Sciences of the Catholic University of Santa María (Arequipa), where he graduated with public congratulations.
José Jiménez has more than 20 years participating in consultancies for the most important and complex business restructuring processes in the country, private or under bankruptcy procedures, acquisitions and sales of companies in bankruptcy, as well as in corporate liquidations or carried out in bankruptcy proceedings. Additionally, he has experience in insolvency preventive advice to companies in financial distress, which includes advice to their management bodies (managements and boards of directors). He also has extensive experience in advising on mergers, spin-offs and other corporate reorganizations.
He has served as Professor of Bankruptcy Law at the Law School of the Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú; of Financial Law at the Faculty of Administration and Finance of the Peruvian University of Applied Sciences and as Professor of Bankruptcy Law in the Business Law Program of the San Francisco Xavier University of Arequipa.
He has several publications in Peruvian law magazines, such as “Advocatus” and “Ius et Veritas”, as well as in the book “The General Law of the Bankruptcy System, Exegetical Analysis” by Juan Espinoza Espinoza. In addition to various publications and interviews in different national and international media and newspapers.
He is fluent in Spanish and English.