- Mergers and acquisitions
- Venture Capital and Technology
- Data Protection
- Graduate lawyer from Universidad de Lima
- Master of Laws, Stanford University Law School, 2011
MERGERS AND ACQUISITIONS
- Advice to Stonepeak Infrastructure Partners, in the acquisition of Lumen Technologies’ optic fiber, data centers and network assets in the Latin America region.
- Advice to Hispasat S.A., Spanish company key player in the satellite business, in the acquisition of assets and telecom infrastructure of Media Networks Latin America S.A.C., a company part of the Telefónica Group.
- Advice to Acceso Corp and a group of private local investors in the acquisition of 100% of the shares of Banco Azteca del Perú sold by the Elektra Group, a retail chain operator and holder of financial services businesses in the region.
VENTURE CAPITAL / FINTECH
- Advice to Juntoz, operator of the first online mall in Peru, in the sale of its tech assets and ongoing business to Conecta Market Place S.A., subsidiary of the Efe Group, Peruvian holding holding with more than 60 years of experience mainly focused on the appliances retail business, motorcycle distribution and owner of Financiera Efe, a local financial entity.
- Advice to the shareholders of Mandü, a startup focused on HR software development, in the sale of a majority stake to Visma, a global tech company, that provides software and other related IT services.
- Advice to Betterfly, insurtech unicorn with its softlanding to Perú, and general legal advice in a wide range of legal matters related to its Peruvian operations.
- Advice to Chazki Holdings Inc, a startup with regional presence, in the structuring and negotiation, along with Next Legal, LLC, of its Series A investment round with participation of Talipot Holdings fund as lead investor and Falabella Group.
T: (511) 4425100
María José Blancas
T: (511) 4425100 A: 250
Alexandra Orbezo is a partner at Rebaza, Alcázar & De Las Casas, a member of the Mergers and Acquisitions area and head of the Venture Capital and Technology practice, as well as the Fintech practice.
Alexandra has extensive experience in local and cross-border mergers and acquisitions transactions in different sectors, and has participated in a good part of the main transactions carried out in the Peruvian entrepreneurial ecosystem, representing angel investors, family offices, venture capital investment funds, as well as entrepreneurs and strategic corporate investors.
She has been an adjunct professor of the Capital Markets course at the University of Lima. She also regularly contributes articles and opinions to various national and foreign publications on Mergers & Acquisitions and Venture Capital, and continuously participates as an exhibitor in conferences on these topics. Alexandra is recognized by various legal directories such as Charmbers and Partners (Band 3), Legal 500, Leaders League, among others.
She is a lawyer graduated from the University of Lima, Summa laude and graduated with the first place from the Faculty of Law. In addition, she holds a Master of Laws (LL.M) from Stanford University, with a specialization in Corporate Governance and Corporate Transactions. In 2004, she obtained a scholarship sponsored by the University of Lima to attend as an exchange student at the Menéndez Pelayo International University (Santander, Spain), where she took courses in corporate law and tax planning. During the same year, she won the award for “Academic Excellence in Law – José León Barandiarán Hart” awarded by the National Superintendence of Public Records.
Alexandra is a member of the Lima and New York Bar Association; She belongs to the board of directors of the Network of Angel Investors of the PAD of the University of Piura, is a member of the Public Policy and Open Innovation Committee of the Peruvian Association of Seed and Entrepreneurial Capital – PECAP, and mentor of the Endeavor Peru network.
In addition to her professional experience in our Firm, Alexandra has been an international associate in the New York office of Cleary, Gottlieb, Steen & Hamilton LLP in 2011 and 2012, participating in various relevant M&A and Stock Market operations in Latin America.