- Corporate Reorganization and Bankruptcy
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Capital Markets
Juris Doctor by Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú Law School, 2007
Master of Law by The University of Chicago (EE.UU.).
MERGERS AND ACQUISITIONS
- Represented ACP Group in the sale of a majority stake in Protecta to Security Group.
- Represented Medtronic in its $42 billion acquisition of Covidien.
- Represented Lafarge in the sale of its cement operations in Ecuador for an enterprise value of $553 million to Union Andina de Cementos (UNACEM).
- Represented Barclays Bank PLC in the sale of all of the partnership interests in Barclays Private Credit Partners Fund LP (a private credit investment fund) to Ares Capital Corporation.
- Represented Tiendas EFE, the consortium Linzor Capital Partners and Wiese Group, among other investors, in the acquisition of La Curacao (Total Artefactos) for $ 150 million.
- Represented Wiese Group in the sale of a majority stake in Invita Seguros de Vida to Sura Group.
CAPITAL MARKETS AND FINANCINGS
- Represented the initial purchasers, led by Credit Suisse Securities (USA), in an offering of $1.5 billion of Pre-Capitalized Trust Securities issued by Five Corners Funding Trust. The Trust invested the proceeds in a portfolio of US Treasury strips and entered into a put option agreement with Prudential Financial, Inc. (PFI) under which PFI may issue debt from time to time to the Trust in exchange of the Treasuries.
- Represented Petroleos Mexicanos (PEMEX) in its Reg. S/Rule 144A debt offering of $4 billion aggregate principal amount of securities.
- Represented the Dominican Republic in a Reg. S/Rule 144A offering of $500 million aggregate principal amount of amortizing bonds due 2024.
- Represented Energía del Pacífico (shareholder of Samay I) in the $300 million loan granted to Samay I to develop a cold reserve power plant in Mollendo, Peru.
- Represented Andino Investments Holding in the $85 million loan granted by Goldman Sachs.
- Advice to Inversiones Educa S.A. and Instituto de Educación Superior Tecnológico Privado Toulouse Lautrec S.A.C., in the syndicated loan granted by Scotiabank and Banco Santander of S / 262 million granted for the refinancing of their existing debt and other corporate uses.
- Advice to Inversiones Educa S.A. and Instituto de Educación Superior Tecnológico Privado Toulouse Lautrec S.A.C., in the syndicated loan granted by Santander, Scotiabank Peru and BanBif of S / 80 million granted for the refinancing of their existing debt and other corporate uses.
- Advice to Inversiones Educa S.A., in the syndicated loan granted by Scotiabank and Santander of S / 170 million for the acquisition of Universidad de Ciencias y Arte de América Latina and Instituto de Educación Superior Tecnológico Privado Toulouse Lautrec S.A.C.
- Advice to Termochilca, in the refinancing of up to USD 150 million for the construction and operation of its facilities at the “Santo Domingo de los Olleros” thermoelectric plant by Scotiabank, Banco de Crédito del Perú and Corporación Financiera de Desarrollo-COFIDE.
- Advice to Camposol, a leading Peruvian exporter in the agro-industrial sector, in the loan of up to USD 250 million for the payment and total redemption of the bonds issued by Camposol “10.5% Senior Secured Notes due 2021”.
- Advised Camposol, a leading Peruvian exporter in the agro-industrial sector, in the syndicated loan of up to USD 49 million granted by Banco Santander, Rabobank, Metlife and Scotiabank Peru for key capital investments for the expansion of its agricultural businesses.
- Advice to Camposol, a leading Peruvian exporter in the agro-industrial sector, on the loan of up to USD 20 million granted by BBVA Banco Continental for capital investments and other corporate uses.
- Advice to FIMA S.A., in debt restructuring agreements for USD 50 million and trust agreements on fixed assets and asset sale plan with Scotiabank, BBVA, Banco de Crédito – BCP, BanBif and Banco Pichincha banks
- Advice to ABENGOA, in the restructuring of liabilities and the financing of USD 30 million granted by Darby Latin American Private Debt Fund III Holdings LLP in order to settle debts and solve liquidity problems.
- Advised Centro Educativo Particular Altair, in the financing of up to USD 6 million granted by Scotiabank for the acquisition of the property owned by Inversiones San Borja, a Grupo Breca company.
- Advice to Camposol, in the issuance of “Senior Notes Due 2027” for up to USD 350 million in the international market, under Rule 144A / Reg. S.
- Advice to Camposol, in the issuance of “Senior Notes Due 2021” for up to USD 200 million in the international market, under Rule 144A / Reg. S.
- Advice to Ecopacking Cartones S.A. in the financing granted by Scotiabank Peru for an amount of USD 10 million.
- Advice to Scotiabank Perú S.A.A. in financing up to USD 15 million granted to OPP Film S.A. (Holding of Grupo Oben) to refinance existing debt and other corporate uses.
- Advice to San Fernando S.A. in the financing of S / 45 million granted by BCP, SBP, and BanBif.
T: (511) 4425100
María José Blancas
T: (511) 4425100 A: 250
He is a magna cum laude lawyer from Pontificia Universidad Catolica del Peru. He has extensive experience in M&A, financing and restructuring operations in Peru and Latin America. He holds a Master of Laws (LL.M.) from University of Chicago, where he was a Russell Baker Scholar. Daniel’s practice in mergers and acquisitions, financing and restructuring has been recognized by Chambers and Partners, The Legal 500 and IFLR 1000.
Daniel has completed postgraduate studies in energy law at the Pontificia Universidad Catolica del Peru, and has a specialization certificate in mergers and acquisitions from Georgetown University Law Center.
In addition to his professional experience in our firm, Daniel has been an international associate in the New York office of Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton in 2013 and 2014, participating in several relevant operations in Latin America and the United States.
Daniel has been an associate professor of Warranty courses at the Universidad de Lima, and Commercial Law at Pontificia Universidad Catolica del Peru. Likewise, Daniel regularly writes articles and opinions for various national and foreign publications on matters of mergers and acquisitions and restructuring.