FABIO NÚÑEZ DEL PRADO
- Juris Doctor by Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú (valedictorian; summa cum laude)
- Master of Laws (LL.M.), Yale Law School, United States, 2019 (honors in all graded courses)
- The International Academy for Arbitration Law, France, 2015
- The Hague Academy of International Law, Netherlands, 2018
INTERNATIONAL COMMERCIAL ARBITRATION
- Representation of a mining company against a port company in a commercial arbitration submitted to the ICC administration regarding the execution and development of a port Project.
- Representation of an energy company against an infrastructure company in a commercial arbitration submitted to the ICC administration regarding the resolution of a share purchase agreement.
- Representation of a construction company against a Latin American state-owned company in a commercial arbitration submitted to the ICC administration regarding the construction of a thermoelectric plant.
- Representation of a construction company against an oil company in a commercial arbitration submitted to the ICC administration regarding the construction of a gas processing plant.
- Representation of a consortium made up of three construction companies against the Autonomous Government of a Latin American State in a commercial arbitration submitted to the ICC administration regarding the construction of a road platform for a tram.
- Representation of an oil company against another oil company in a commercial arbitration submitted to the administration of the ICDR regarding the interpretation of an oil transportation contract
- Representation of a state agency that supervises the hydrocarbons market against various companies in the hydrocarbons sector in a precautionary measure outside the process regarding the exploitation of hydrocarbons in the jungle lot of a Latin American State within the framework of a hydrocarbon license.
- Representation of an energy company against a Latin American State in an investment arbitration submitted to ICSID administration regarding the construction of an electrical transmission line.
- Representation of a construction company against a Latin American State in an investment arbitration submitted to ICSID administration regarding the construction of a hydroelectric plant.
T: (511) 442 5100
T: (511) 4425100 A: 277
Fabio Núñez del Prado is a dual-qualified lawyer who graduated from the Pontifical Catholic University of Peru, valedictorian and summa cum laude. He did an LL.M. at Yale Law School, where he received honors in all graded courses and was editor of the Yale Journal of International Law. Fabio specializes in commercial and investment arbitration, international commercial law, contracts, and damages. In addition, he has attended the Hague Academy of International Law and Arbitration Academy in Paris.
In addition to his professional experience at the firm, he interned at the ICC International Court of Arbitration (Paris) and at WilmerHale (London) and was an associate at the international arbitration group of Uría Menéndez (Madrid), as well as the international arbitration practice of Clifford Chance (Washington DC). Fabio has participated in arbitrations administered by the International Center for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID), the ICC International Court of Arbitration (ICC), the Permanent Court of Arbitration (PCA), the International Center for Dispute Resolution of the American Arbitration Association (ICDR), the Madrid Court of Arbitration (CAM) and the Lima Chamber of Commerce (CCL). Additionally, he has participated in emergency arbitration procedures, dispute boards, annulment procedures, international mediations, and treaty planning. Fabio is Co-Chair and the North American representative of the Spanish Arbitration Club under 40 (CEA-40) and member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (MCIArb).
Fabio has also been a professor of courses related to arbitration, civil law, and international law at the Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, the Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú, the Universidad Peruana de Ciencias Aplicadas, and the Universidad Científica del Sur. He has published articles in Latin American, North America, and European law journals, and also won the CIArb New York Branch Articles Competition. He has been recognized as Up and Coming in Chambers & Partners and as a Rising Star in Legal 500. He is the author of the books “Demystifying Myths”, “The Tragedy of Consent” and co-author of “Paper Justice”. Fabio is a former member of the THĒMIS Board of Directors and the Derecho PUCP Editorial Council.
He is fluent in Spanish and English, and has knowledge of French.