SOFÍA GARCÍA CALDERÓN
- Corporate Reorganization and Bankruptcy
- Consumer Protection
- Trademarks and Copyrights
- LL.B. by Universidad de Lima (2019).
- Juris Doctor by Universidad de Lima (2020)
- Corporate Law Specialization Diploma by Universidad de Lima (2020)
CORPORATE REORGANIZATION AND BANKRUPTCY
- Counsel to Cogorno S.A. en Liquidación, in its corporate reorganization and later liquidation, with a debt of US$40 million.
- Counsel to Abengoa Perú S.A. in their debt restructuring amounting US$ 50 million, under the context of its Holding (Abengoa Spain) Bankruptcy Proceeding.
- Counsel to Obras de Ingeniería S.A.C. in the filing of its Preventive Bankruptcy Proceeding, approval of the Reorganization Plan and approval of the Global Refinancing Agreement and its implementation, restructuring a debt of US$100 million.
- Counsel to Termochilca S.A. in negotiations with its financial creditors in order to sell its assets, valued at US$150 million in an auction process.
- Counsel Aenza S.A.A. (formerly Graña y Montero) in the Bankruptcy Proceedings of Gaseoducto Sur Peruano S.A., whose total debt amounts to US$1.2 billion, being one of the largest bankruptcies in Peru.
T: (511) 442 5100 A: 231
Laura San Miguel
T: (511) 4425100 A: 238
Sofía García Calderón is a member of our Corporate Reorganization and Bankruptcy, Consumer Protection & Trademarks and Copyrights teams. Her practice is focused on reorganization counseling to national and international corporations and entities. Likewise, she counsels corporations in intellectual property matters and consumer protection.
Sofia is a lawyer by the Universidad de Lima, where she ranked first in its Faculty of Law, and obtained her professional degree with the Summa Cum Laude qualification. Likewise, she specialized at Universidad de Lima in Corporate Law obtaining the Specialization Diploma in Corporate Law. During her Exchange program she successfully completed courses in Law and Philosophy at Tilburg university, the Netherlands.
Regarding the academics, Sofia has performed with excellency as Teaching Assistant in the Contract Law course at Universidad de Lima since 2021.
She has participated in the planning and execution of various restructurings, which she has helped implement both within the framework of a bankruptcy proceeding before the National Institute for the Defense of Competition and the Protection of Intellectual Property, as well as in private reorganizations and restructurings.