- Venture Capital & Tech
Lawyer by Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Argentina (2012) and Pontificia Unversidad Catolica del Peru (2018)
Master in Management of Corporate Communcations by the Univeristy of Barcelona (2017).
Alejandro has participated in Venture Capital transactions for amounts in excess of $30,000,000, among which the following stand out:
- Advice to founders of Compañía Incubadora de Soluciones Móviles S.A. (Culqi), a Peruvian Fintech, in the negotiation and implementation of a Series A investment round led by Grupo Crédito and, subsequently, in the sale of the shares of one of its founders.
- Advice to the founders of Independencia Asesores S.G.F.I., a Peruvian Fintech, in the negotiation and implementation of a Series A investment round led by Grupo Crédito.
- Advice to the founders of Wally POS S.A., a SaaS services company, in the negotiation and implementation of an investment round led by Grupo Crédito and, subsequently, in the sale of the founders’ shares.
- Advice to founders of Quantum Talent, a company dedicated to providing human resources solutions through the implementation of artificial intelligence, in the negotiation and implementation of a Series A investment round in the United States with one of the main Venture Capital funds based in Miami, Florida.
Advice to founders of Freshmart S.A.C., a Peruvian virtual supermarket, from its incubation by the Universidad de Ingenieria y Tecnologia to the negotiation and implementation of a Series A investment round led by the main virtual supermarket in Mexico.
- Advice to Bedrock Capital S.A., a Peruvian family office, in the negotiation and implementation of investments, and subsequent cash-outs, in start-ups based in the United States and Spain.
- Advice to Grupo El Comercio in the negotiation and implementation of an investment in a Bolivian proptech.
- Advice to Grupo RPP in the negotiation and implementation of venture capital investments (equity for media) in start-ups based in Peru and the United States.
- Advice to Salkantay Partners in the structuring of Salkantay eXponential Fund, the first venture capital fund in Peru, and in obtaining financing from the Innovate Peru granted by the Ministry of Production.
Alejandro has also participated in numerous mergers and acquisitions, highlighting:
- Participation in the acquisition process of the “Ades” juice business unit of Unilever Plc., by The Coca-Cola Company (January 2016) for an amount of USD $575 million.
- Participation in the acquisition process of Frubis S.RL. by Grupo Publicis (October, 2015).
T: 442 5100 A: 355
María José Blancas
T: 4425100 A: 250
Alejandro Díaz-Valdez is a lawyer graduated from the Pontificia Universidad Catolica Argentina (2012) and the Pontificia Universidad Catolica del Peru (2018), and has a master’s degree in Management of Corporate Communication from the University of Barcelona (2017).
He specializes in venture capital transactions, providing advice to entrepreneurs, start-ups, angel investors, investment funds and multinational companies in the structuring and negotiation of financing rounds and divestment, both in Peru and abroad; exit of founders and general legal advice to start-ups. In addition, he focuses his practice in the technology and new business industry providing advice on corporate and contract law.
Alejandro has been individually ranked as a leading professional in the 2022 Venture Capital Ranking published by the international consulting firm Leaders League and has been a member of one of the leading teams in Peru in the area of Venture Capital, according to the rankings published by Leaders League in 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022.
In addition, Alejandro has participated as a speaker in conferences, panels and talks, highlighting the Panel on Technology Transactions, organized by the Advocatus Magazine of the University of Lima in October/2018; Business Summer Session, organized by ESAN University in January/2019; Lima Fintech Forum, organized by the Universidad del Pacifico in May/2019; Angel Investor Bootcamp, organized by Universidad del Pacifico in June/2019; and the recording of a webinar on investment in start-ups for the Latin American Association of Angel Investors, Xcala, in April/2021.
Before joining the Firm, he worked as an associate attorney and led the Venture Capital & Corporate Law area of Porto Legal, a boutique specialized in Venture Capital and Telecommunications, in Lima, Peru; and as an associate attorney at renowned law firms such as Baker & McKenzie and Beccar Varela in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
He is fluent in Spanish and English and has knowledge of French.