- Venture Capital & Tech
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Lawyer, Pontificia Universidad Catolica Argentina (2012).
- Lawyer, Pontificia Universidad Catolica del Peru (2018).
- in Corporate Communications, University of Barcelona, Spain (2017)
Alejandro has participated in Venture Capital transactions for amounts in excess of $32,000,000.00, among which the following stand out:
- Advice to founders of Compañia Incubadora de Soluciones Moviles S.A. (Culqi), a Peruvian Fintech, in the negotiation and implementation of a Series A financing round led by Grupo Credito and, subsequently, in the exit of one of its founders.
- Advice to the founders of Independencia Asesores S.G.F.I, Peruvian Fintench, in the negotiation and implementation of a Series A financing round led by the Grupo Credito.
- Advice to the founders of Wally POS S.A., a SaaS service company, in the negotiation and implementation of a financing round led by Grupo Credito, and subsequently, in the exit its founders.
- Advice to Quantum Talent S.A.C., a Peruvian HR Tech, in the negotiation and implementation of a Series A financing round in the United States, which implied the incorporation of a parent company in the United States and the negotiation of the investment terms with one of the main Venture Capital funds based in Miami, Florida.
- Advice to the founders of Freshmart S.A.C., a Peruvian virtual supermarket, from its incubation in the Universidad de Ingenieria y Tecnologia, to the negotiation and implementation of a Series A financing round led by Mexico’s leading virtual supermarket.
- Advice to Bedrock Capital S. A, a Peruvian family office, in the negotiation and implementation of certain investments and subsequent cash-outs, in startups based in the United States and Spain.
- Advice to Grupo El Comercio in the negotiation and implementation of an investment in a Bolivian Protech company.
- Advice to Grupo RPP in the negotiation and implementation of certain investments equity for media investments, in start-ups based in Peru and the United States.
- Advice to Salkantay Partners in the structuring of Salkantay exponential Fund, the first venture capital fund in Peru, and obtaining financing from the Production Ministry.
Alejandro has advised companies with technology-based products and/or services (i.e., E-Commerce, Fintechs, Blockchain and Cryptoassets, Edtechs, Foodtechs, Proptech, HRtech and Welltech, among others) in commercial, corporate and contract law matters, which include:
- Compañia Incubadora de Soluciones Moviles S.A(Culqi), Peruvian fintech
- Independencia Asesores S.G. F.I., Peruvian fintech.
- Wally POS S.A.C, Peruvian fintech.
- Quantum Talent S.A.C. and Quantium Talent Holdings, LLC, Peruvian HR Tech;
- Manzana Verde, Peruvian foodtech;
- Proptech 360 (now Gojom), Peruvian Proptech;
- Check, Peruvian Edtech;
- Freshmart, S.A.C., Peruvian e-commerce;
- Pay Retailers Peru, Spanish fintech;
- Betterfly Peru S.A.C., Welltech Chilean unicorn;
- Transfero Swiss AG, Swiss blockchain and cryptoassets;
- Sabbi S.A.C., Peruvian fintech;
- Sumup Peru, S.R.L., English fintech;
- Tala, Californian blockchain and cryptoassets among others.
Alejandro has also participated in relevant mergers and acquisitions transactions, among which the following stand out:
- Advice in the purchase of “Ades”, Unilever Plc’ juice business unit, by the Coca Cola Company (January, 2016) for USD $575 million. Seller-side.
- Advice in the purchase of Frubis S.R.L., by Grupo Publicis (October, 2015).
T: (511) 442 5100 A: 355
María José Blancas
T: (511) 4425100 A: 250
Alejandro Diaz-Valdez is a lawyer graduated from the Pontificia Universidad Catolica Argentina (2012) and from the Pontificia Universidad Catolica del Peru (2018); and Master in Corporate Communications from the University of Barcelona, Spain (2017).
He specializes in Venture Capital, providing advice to entrepreneurs, start-ups, angel investors, investment funds and multinational companies in their open innovation processes in the structuring and negotiation of financing rounds and disinvestment processes, both in Peru and abroad; founder’s exit and general advice to start-ups. In addition, he focuses his practice in the technology industry and new businesses, providing advice to companies with technology-based products and/or services. (i.e., E-Commerce, Fintechs, Blockchain and Cryptoassets, Edtechs, Foodtechs, Proptech, HR Tech and Agrotech, among others).
Alejandro has been individually ranked as a leading professional in the 2022 and 2023 rankings in “Venture Capital” published by the international consulting firm Leaders League, and has been a member of one of the Leading Teams in Peru in this area according to the rankings published by Leaders League in 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023.
In addition, he has participated as a speaker at conferences, panels, and talks where the following stand ouyt: Panel on Technology Transactions, organized by Advocatus Magazine of the University of Lima in October 2018; Business Summer Session, organized by ESAN University in January 2019; Lima Fintech Forum, organized by Universidad del Pacifico in May 2019; Angel Investor Bootcamp organized by Universidad del Pacifico in June 2019; and has recorded a webinar on investing in startups for the Latin American Association of Angel Investors, Xcala in April 2021.
Before joining Rebaza, Alcazar & De las Casas, Alejandro worked as an associate lawyer in the Venture Capital & Corporate Law area of Porto Legal, a boutique specialized in Venture Capital and Telecommunications; and in the Corporate and Antitrust areas of Baker &McKenzie in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
He is fluent in Spanish and English and has knowledge of French. Alejandro is admitted to practice law in Argentina (Colegio de Abogados de la Capital Federal) and Peru (Colegio de Abogados del Callao).